Read also: Can we take motorcycle taxis? Clashing regulations leave passengers confusedTransportation Ministry spokesperson Adita Irawaty said to address the confusion, the ministry had relaxed the regulation to allow individual regional governments to make adjustments.“It has been agreed that the implementation will be decided by regional governments after conducting a study on several points, including the economic aspects of the [regional] society, the availability of transportation systems in the areas and the availability of social security aid,” Adita said in a statement released Monday.“We will monitor the situation in the field and may evaluate and make changes to the regulation.”Ride-hailing service providers such as Gojek and Grab said they appreciated the transportation ministerial regulation, signed by acting Transportation Minister Luhut Pandjaitan, and are waiting for the regulation to come into effect to make adjustments.Topics : A new transportation ministerial regulation has allowed app-based motorcycle taxis to take passengers provided certain health precautions are taken, but the final decision depends on the individual regional governments that have implemented large-scale social restrictions (PSBB), the ministry has said.Transportation Ministerial Regulation No. 18/2020 on transportation controls to slow the spread of COVID-19 allows app-based motorcycle taxis to take passengers as long as they comply with health protocols. The protocols include wearing masks and gloves, disinfecting vehicles before and after use and not driving when not feeling well.The new regulation has confused passengers as it clashes with a Health Ministerial Regulation and a Jakarta Gubernatorial Regulation that prohibit motorcycle taxis from carrying passengers and restrict them to carrying only goods during PSBB, civil groups and politicians have said.
Education and Culture Minister Nadiem Makarim has denied that the emergence of new COVID-19 clusters at schools is a result of schools reopening. He claimed that many teachers tested positive for COVID-19 even before the reopening.”A lot of teachers still come to school even though they conduct online teaching. Prior to school reopening, they got tested and many came back positive,” he said on Thursday during a hearing with House of Representatives Commission X, which oversees education.Nadiem said in many cases, school clusters appeared when the students were engaged in remote learning. “Schools that were found to be new COVID-19 clusters would be closed immediately and they would go back to online learning,” he said.Previously Nadiem had fended off criticism over the government’s decision to allow the reopening of more schools amid the pandemic, defending the policy as a difficult but necessary trade-off to maintain students’ spirit of learning in a time of crisis. “You can consider [the decision] bold in some aspects, but on the other hand, you can also see that we’re a little late,” Nadiem told The Jakarta Post on August 12.The United Federation of Indonesian Teachers (FSGI) reported at least nine new school clusters emerging all across the country with 54 teachers and 138 students testing positive for COVID-19.Read also: Decision to reopen more schools draws ire from teachersThe FSGI urged the government to do more to protect teachers, school administrators and students during the COVID-19 pandemic, noting that several teachers and school administrators had died of the illness.According to the FSGI, at least 20 teachers and two school administrators have died of COVID-19.“Reopening schools will be risky without proper preparation,” FSGI deputy secretary-general Fahriza Marta said recently.Topics : “The clusters emerged not because of [our] relaxation policy but due to infections prior to the reopening,” he said.Read also: COVID-19 crisis opportunity for education reform in IndonesiaNadiem said the final decision on reopening schools did not lie with the Education and Culture Ministry but with regional administrations.However, he said, the ministry would work hard to ensure students could go back to schools as soon and as safely as possible.
Image courtesy of WoodsideSouth Korea’s LNG importing giant Kogas has reportedly gone into an arbitration with Australia’s North West Shelf export project led by Woodside.Kogas is looking to settle a liquefied natural gas contract that ended in 2016, Reuters reported on Monday citing a Kogas spokesperson.The arbitration relates to a difference over an agreed price renegotiation during a mid-term supply contract, the news agency said citing unidentified sources.The North West Shelf project facilities include five LNG processing trains and two domestic gas trains. The facility is located 1260 kilometres north of Perth, Western Australia.The LNG plant has an annual LNG export capacity of 16.9 mtpa which is exported to customers in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.Woodside operates these facilities on behalf of the North West Shelf project participants. Other NWS JV partners are BHP Billiton, BP, Chevron, Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) and Shell. LNG World News Staff
Share Photo credit: catholic-convert.comThe culmination of a series of Marian teachings is expected to get underway in the Point Michel community tonight.Member of the Pointe Michel Committee Ophelia Marie says the event is in keeping with plans to unit community members.She says it is also used as a time to reflect.“The national shrine persons in Pointe Michel use to come together on or about the 19th of every month to look at the areas by which Mary was used to bring people closer to God. I am hoping that persons would come together because it’s a moment to receive a blessing. We believe that it’s always good to call people together to pray.She said further that the moment will also be used to reflect and pray.The event will take place at 6pm on tonight.Dominica Vibes News Sharing is caring! FaithLifestyleLocalNews Pointe Michel to benefit from Marian teachings tonight by: – September 2, 2011 Tweet Share Share 31 Views no discussions
Tweet LocalNews Dominica police recovers body in Macoucherie River by: – January 24, 2012 Share 21 Views no discussions Photo credit: newson6.comPublic Relations Officer of the Dominica Police Force, Sergeant Kenth Matthew has confirmed that a search party has recovered the body of an adult male in the Macoucherie River. According to Sergeant Matthew’s report a search party including police officers and villages discovered the body of Emmanuel Shillingford of St. Joseph on Monday afternoon.“About 9:45am on Monday 23rd January, 2012 a search party which was made up of villagers and siblings of Emmanuel Shillingford, an adult male of St. Joseph in his fifties, found his lifeless body face down between two stones in the Macoucherie River about a half mile to the end of the Macoucherie main road. There were some abrasions on various parts of his body. Subsequently about 2:45pm a doctor at the Princess Margaret Hospital pronounced him dead.”Sergeant Matthew also reported that based on information received from Shillingford’s relative it was customary for him to remain on his farm for about 3 to 4 days. “Family members indicated that on the morning of Monday 16th January, 2012 Emmanuel went to his garden which is located about 2 miles beyond where his body was found and that no one had seen him till his body was found on Monday 23rd January, 2012. Also it was customary for him to remain on his holding for 3 to 4 days but on this occasion he had not returned home within the customary time.”The body of Emmanuel Shillingford has been secured at the Princess Margaret Hospital Mortuary pending a post mortem investigation and a Coroner’s Inquiry into the circumstances surrounding his death.Dominica Vibes News Share Share Sharing is caring!
Ferran Torres is one of La Liga’s most promising talents, having emerged as an effective regular starter for Valencia in recent seasons.Advertisement Loading… So far his style has been that of a skinny teenager with magic feet, but over time he’s developing both mentally and physically to become more of a presence on the pitch for 90 minutes.This last 12 months has seen him bulk up massively, gaining 4 kilos on his lockdown training plan as he attempts to get ready for the season’s return.This is all happening in the shadow of an uncertain future, however. The 20 year old has not yet signed a new contact at Mestalla, and it’s now just over a year from expiry.El Espanol report that this is “opening a path” to Real Madrid, but they won’t be the only ones interested. Manchester City, Liverpool and Bayern are mentioned among the teams tracking the young talent. A source in Spain also informs us that Chelsea were impressed by the winger’s performances in the Champions League group that the two teams shared, and were tracking him until they concluded a deal for Hakim Ziyech in February.Read Also: Lampard wants short term Chelsea deal for Barcelona targetThe lack of progress on a new deal between Torres and Valencia may well make him an attractive and increasingly affordable option for the Blues to return to as they look to replace the departing Pedro and Willian.A new contract for Torres at Los Che is by no means out of the question, but the sense of importance of securing it before the end of this summer is growing. Teams will be looking for talented players at the right price, and the newly bulked up Torres with a contract into its final stretch will be temping for sides in La Liga and beyond.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentPlaying Games For Hours Can Do This To Your BodyBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime7 Things That Actually Ruin Your PhoneBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeTop 7 Best Car Manufacturers Of All Time8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too FarPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art
Chris Carroll captured the May 19 IMCA Modified checkers at I-37 Speedway. (Photo by J.M. Hallas)By J.M. HallasPLEASANTON, Texas (May 19) – After some early season bad luck, Chris Carroll parked his IMCA Modified in the winner’s circle Saturday at I-37 Speedway.Thanks to his wife, son and a couple grand in repairs, Carroll got by point leader Rick Green for the lead. Talon Minten was able to show him the nose after a late restart but Carroll was able to hold him off.“It’s my wife and son supporting me, first off,” commented Carroll. “Colin put the car together and he made it come off the turns. It rotated through the middle real good. Rick (Green) slipped up a little bit and let me go.”“My son put the car back together after the crash earlier this year. There was about $2,000 in damage,” he continued. “We basically torn the right front off and bent the bird cages, tires and wheels. Luckily, I have a kid that loves this stuff and got it all back together. He’s a pretty good mechanic.”Minten ended in second and Green took third.
The Lady Wildcats Soccer team traveled to Centerville and fought tough competition and a plague of corn flies to win 3-2.Offensive breakdown: Dozier to Nichols (1) 12:01, Stewart to Nichols (2) 16:31, Pace to Hahn (3) 37:22Goals: Nichols (2) Hahn (1)Assists: Dozier (1), Pace (1), Stewart (1)Defensive Breakdown:GK saves: Hahn (4) and Weaver (2)Team Stats: Shots (21) SOG (11)Courtesy of Wildcats Coach Cindy Adams.
RelatedPosts Real One, Baby Face, Esepo to headline GOtv Boxing Night 21 GOtv Boxing Night 20: Ehwarieme eyes world title Esepo delighted at winning best boxer prize at GOtv Boxing Night 20 West African Boxing Union welterweight champion, Rilwan “Baby Face” Babatunde, and national super featherweight champion, Ridwan “Scorpion” Oyekola, have promised to return to the ring in an explosive fashion at GOtv Boxing Night 20, scheduled to hold on 12 October. The two shinning stars are billed to fight at the event slated for the Indoor Sports Hall of the National Stadium in Lagos. In his last fight at GOtv Boxing Night 19, Baby Face famously knocked out Ghana’s Eden Biki, who was punched into unconsciousness in the 10th round. The WABU champion next opponent is Jafaaru Suleiman. Speaking in Lagos on Monday, the WABU champion said he’s already looking beyond Sulaimon, whom he said he plans to use as preparation for the African Boxing Union title bout. He said: “Sulaimon is not an opponent in the real sense. He’s a training apparatus. I’m looking beyond the fight, as my target is the ABU title.” Oyekola, whose last engagement saw him dethrone long-reigning champion, Taofeek “Taozon” Bisuga at GOtv Boxing Night 18 in Ibadan, said his next opponent, Sikiru “Omo Iya Eleja” Shogbesan, will suffer the same fate as Bisuga, who suffered a first-round technical knockout after falling thrice. The Ibadan-based boxer, who spoke in a phone chat, advised Shogbesan to pull out of the bout or risk being beaten legless. “There is no dispute about me being the best in my category. Bisuga is well placed to tell Shogbesan how I made him see stars. If Shogbesan ignores my advice, the walls of the Indoor Sports Hall will appear to him as wobbling by the time I finish with him,” said Scorpion. GOtv Boxing Night 20 will be headlined by the much anticipated pairing of ABU lightweight king, Oto “Joe Boy” Joseph, and WABU champion, Rilwan “Real One” Oladosu, who face each other in the ABU title bout. Also on the card is the national bantamweight title bout between Sadiq Adeleke and Opeyemi “Sense” Adeyemi. Other bouts include a national welterweight challenge a national light heavyweight challenge bout between Adewale “Masevex” Masebinu and Kabiru “KB Godson Towolawi; and a national featherweight challenge bout between Tope “TP Rock” Musa and Olusegun “Embargo” Moses. Graduates of GOtv Boxing NextGen Search 5 will also make their debut at the event as Alaba “Elybow” Omotola, best boxer of the competition, will take on Bolaji “Fight to Finish” Abdullahi in a national lightweight challenge contest. There is also an all-female bout as Cynthia “Bobby Girl” Ogunsemilore will square up against Aminat “Smart” Yekini in a super featherweight challenge.Tags: Baby faceGOtv Boxing Night 20Ridwan OyekolaRilwan babatunde
Relegation-threatened QPR were rocked ahead of their must-win game at Manchester City as midfielder Sandro was ruled out because of an issue concerning his visa. Press Association The club confirmed the Brazilian would not be available for selection at the Etihad Stadium after they were informed of a matter regarding his residency in the UK. No further details have been given but the issue will not have helped manager Chris Ramsey’s preparations for a vital Barclays Premier League game. Rangers, bottom of the table following results on Saturday, needed to beat City to have any chance of avoiding relegation. A statement read: “The club can confirm it was informed by the Home Office on Thursday May 7 that there is an issue with Sandro’s UK residency visa. “The club are working with Sandro and the Home Office to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. While this is ongoing, the club have been advised not to select Sandro for match involvement. “The club will be making no further comment at this time.” Sandro, 26, joined QPR in a £6million move from Tottenham last summer.