Transfers Liverpool unlikely to make further January signings – Klopp Dejan Kalinic 09:46 1/27/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Transfers Liverpool Jürgen Klopp Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion FA Cup The Reds have added Virgil van Dijk, but their manager said that would likely be the club’s only signing of the transfer window Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp admitted it was unlikely the Premier League club would make further signings in January.Philippe Coutinho left Liverpool earlier this month in a reported €160 million move to Barcelona.While Klopp has added defender Virgil van Dijk to his squad, Liverpool continue to be linked to numerous other players. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player However, the German said it was unlikely the club would make further additions this month.”It’s not really likely,” Klopp told a news conference Friday.”Should I say 100 per cent no? But that would kill all the rumours and I don’t want to do that.”Come on, we should enjoy it another five days.”Liverpool, who are fourth in the Premier League, host West Brom in the FA Cup fourth round Saturday.Klopp said the club had planned for the entire season and had no reason to panic in January.”I can’t forget our needs. We have a lot of games to come,” he said.”What I don’t like about the January transfer window, is that very often it feels like the season is over and we didn’t use players in the first half of the season so why do you need them in the second part?”We have to plan a full year and that’s what we did.” Subscribe to Goal’s Liverpool Correspondent Neil Jones’ weekly email bringing you the best Liverpool FC writing from around the web
New Delhi: More than 180 children and 18 pregnant women are now getting benefits of Anganwadi scheme, which was opened after the intervention of Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) in one of the areas in Shahdara. DCPCR member Ranjana Prasad told Millennium Post that they received a complaint on May 14 from a resident of Shahdara. “The complainant told us that there was no Anganwadi in the area,” said Prasad.She added that a DCPCR team was sent to the spot to inspect the area. It was revealed that there were 186 children (0-6 years) and 18 pregnant women. “Some of the kids were malnourished,” DCPCR official said. According to child rights body, they informed the concerned Delhi government authority regarding the issue which turns out to be fruitful. Recently the commission enquired the complainant about the current status of the project. They came to know that the locality now enjoys the basic facilities of the Anganwadi. In July, two more anganwadis were opened in Delhi after the intervention of the commission. “Poor people are not aware that government has a scheme for the good health and free education of their children. If children are connected to Anganwadi, we can prevent the problem of malnutrition,” said Ranjana Prasad.
Jorge Barrera APTN National NewsThe spouse of a top official with the First Nations Health Authority began working for the ground-breaking British Columbia-based organization days after the Auditor General of Canada issued a report highlighting problems in its governance practices, APTN National News has learned.Six days after Auditor General Michael Ferguson released the results of an audit on Feb. 2 into the First Nations Health Authority’s (FNHA) conflict of interest and hiring practices, the spouse of Richard Jock, the agency’s chief operating officer, began working as a specialist in the mental wellness program section of the organization.Virginia Toulouse, who began work on Monday, is listed in an organizational chart that leads directly the chief operating officer, according to an internal document seen by APTN.The FNHA issued a statement confirming that Toulouse is employed by the FNHA and that she is the COO’s spouse. The statement said “Mr. Jock and Ms. Toulouse are domestic partners and have completed the FNHA conflict of interest process and procedure.”The statement also said FNHA hired her through an “open competition including public posting, written assessment and interview process.”The statement said, “Ms. Toulouse brings 18 years’ experience working with residential school survivors and 36 years of experience in health.” The statement said she reports to the director of mental wellness.This is the second, publicly known instance were the spouse of a senior FNHA official has found employment within the organization.The spouse of CEO Joe Gallagher also works for the FNHA.The Office of the Auditor General launched the audit of the FNHA after it received an anonymous letter containing explosive allegations claiming the leadership of the organization fostered a “toxic” work environment. One of the allegations concerned the hiring of the CEO’s wife.The Auditor General’s audit focused on how the FNHA responded to the allegations in the anonymous letter, including one around a conflict of interest “involving (FNHA) employees.” While the report found that, on the surface, it appeared that FNHA’s board handled the issue adequately, it recommended the authority tighten up its protocol on the issue.“It is important in such situations that the authority can demonstrate that perceived or real conflicts of interest are dealt with transparently,” said the auditor’s report said. “Perceived conflicts of interest may have the same impact on the reputation and functioning of the organization as actual conflicts of interests do.”The federal auditors found several instances where there was little evidence to support the qualifications of individuals hired by the FNHA after reviewing the personnel files of 14 managers.The auditors found that only three of the 14 positions had been publicly posted or had a rational for why no competition was offered. The audit found that only six of the 14 personnel files had a resume on record and only two contained documentation supporting the claimed education level. Auditors also discovered that only three of the managers had undergone a background check.The FNHA is the product of over a decade of work that created a ground-breaking First Nation agency designed to deliver health programs and services to First Nation communities in B.C.The FNHA was created through the officially named Tripartite Framework Agreement on First Nation Health Governance between B.C., Ottawa and First Nations.The FNHA is slated to receive $4.7 billion in funding from 2013 to 2023. The agreement includes an annual 5.5 escalator for its first five years.The Auditor General said the FNHA’s creation solved some of the persistent problems that cripple health services for First [email protected]@JorgeBarrera
Friday, October 20, 2017 Tags: Ensemble Travel Group DALLAS — Ensemble Travel Group’s 50th anniversary celebration and annual conference will take place at Grand Hyatt Baha Mar in Nassau, marking the organization’s first annual conference to take place outside North America in more than 10 years.The dates for the conference are Oct. 23 – 27, 2018.“It takes a very special venue to host Ensemble’s 50th anniversary next October, and we feel Baha Mar and its Grand Hyatt Baha Mar property will deliver all the wows that this celebration deserves,” said Libbie Rice, Co-President, Ensemble Travel Group. “Work has already begun on the conference program, speaker lineup, and some pre- and post-options to make sure our members and partners get the most out of this major milestone in the evolution of Ensemble Travel Group.”Ensemble just wrapped up its 2017 conference, which took place at the Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion.The agency group’s 2018 Ensemble Elite celebration is scheduled for June 3 – 9, 2018 at Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie in Morocco. The annual event recognizes the organization’s top-producing members in Canada and the U.S. and will feature a number of customized sightseeing activities, private dinners and receptions.