Population of Mid West region increased by more than 3,000 in…

first_imgNewsCommunityPopulation of Mid West region increased by more than 3,000 in past yearBy Staff Reporter – September 2, 2020 287 Background vector created by freepik – www.freepik.comTHE population of the Mid West region increased by 3,300 in the past year, according to the latest figures from the Central Statistics Office.488,300 people are now living in Limerick, Clare and Tipperary, with the growth last year continuing an ongoing trend.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Ireland’s population increased by just over one per cent in the year to April and now stands at 4.98 million.A third of the 85,400 people who immigrated to Ireland in that period were returning Irish nationals, the highest number since 2007. Advertisement Limerick on Covid watch list Local backlash over Aer Lingus threat Email WhatsApp Twitter Shannon Airport braced for a devastating blow Is Aer Lingus taking flight from Shannon?center_img TAGSCommunityLimerick City and CountyMid WestNewspopulationregion Linkedin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Print Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Previous articleVicky calls for right to die with dignityNext articleBREAKING: New formats for 2020/21 Champions and Challenge Cup announced Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie TechPost | Episode 9 | Pay with Google, WAZE – the new Google Maps? and Speak don’t Type! last_img read more

Delhi HC Directs Delhi Govt To Ensure The Safety of Persons Residing In Buildings Adjacent To Those Occupied By Health Workers [Read Order]

first_imgNews UpdatesDelhi HC Directs Delhi Govt To Ensure The Safety of Persons Residing In Buildings Adjacent To Those Occupied By Health Workers [Read Order] Karan Tripathi21 May 2020 10:24 PMShare This – xDelhi High Court has held that while no one has a right to ask for the removal of the resident health workers from their neighbourhood because of an unrealistic fear of the Covid-19, the Delhi Government cannot escape their obligation to provide a protected environment to the senior citizens and other residents adjacent to such buildings which are occupied by the health workers. …Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginDelhi High Court has held that while no one has a right to ask for the removal of the resident health workers from their neighbourhood because of an unrealistic fear of the Covid-19, the Delhi Government cannot escape their obligation to provide a protected environment to the senior citizens and other residents adjacent to such buildings which are occupied by the health workers. The Single Bench of Justice Asha Menon further noted that the said measures shall include regular fumigation and sanitization while ensuring that all measures of hygiene are adhered to by the occupants. The order has come in a PIL seeking a direction to the Delhi Government to ensure that no guest house is run illegally and neither any portion of the said property is rented out to any person whatsoever who can be a threat to the life and safety of the residents. The Petitioner had submitted that he’s a senior citizen, and he along with other senior citizens with co-morbidities, are anxious about their health and well-being as measures relating to hygiene are not being adhered to by the occupants of property bearing no. 197-C, Cariappa Marg, M.B.Road, Delhi. The said property is used as a guest house for the frontline health workers. Mr Rishikesh Kumar, who appeared for the District Magistrate (South), argued that health workers are the front-line warriors of the COVID-19 pandemic and cannot be asked to move away from the property in question. After taking these submissions into consideration, the court noted that: ‘senior citizens above the age of 65 years have their movement restricted as they are not even allowed to leave their homes and their concerns cannot be wished away by the government authorities, who are obligated to take care of all the citizens.’ Therefore, the court directed the Delhi Government as well as DM (South) to take all action, such as fumigation and sanitization, similar to the measures as are being adopted for Containment/Buffer Zones, in the area in question and may also adopt the practice/protocol in other zone/areas where health workers are residing, which would also assuage the fears of other residents in the same locality, that they may be exposed to greater risk of infection.Click Here To Download Order[Read Order] Next Storylast_img read more

Cardiff set for board meeting

first_img Press Association The loss of Moody has placed Mackay’s position under scrutiny but Press Association Sport understands the Scot has no intention of resigning, and the club have denied reports Mackay was asked to leave his post. Cardiff’s Malaysian owner Tan has handed Moody’s duties on an acting basis to 23-year-old Kazakhstani Alisher Apsalyamov. Apsalyamov is thought to be a friend of Tan’s son and appears to have no previous experience in football. He joined the club in February but his name does not appear on a list of key staff members on the club’s official website. Tan previously caused consternation among Bluebirds’ fans by changing the club’s playing kit from blue to red and heavily altering their crest in 2012. The club have yet to comment on the reasons for Moody’s removal, although it is believed Tan felt the club had overspent during the summer transfer window. The Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust has expressed its concern the club could lose their highly-rated and popular Scottish boss. Chairman Tim Hartley said: ”Fans will be concerned with the recent behind-the-scenes developments at Cardiff City which appear to put into question the future of our manager, Malky Mackay. ”Supporters are surprised that someone who appears to have little hands-on experience has been put in charge of transfers at the football club. ”Fans want Malky Mackay, who has done a fantastic job as manager taking the club to the Premier League, to remain at Cardiff City. ”We don’t want to see any action taken to undermine his position as manager and Cardiff City’s efforts to have a successful first season in the top division.” The meeting is believed to have been scheduled prior to Moody being suspended and subsequently placed on gardening leave, but that topic is certain to be on the agenda as he was one of manager Malky Mackay’s most-trusted lieutenants. Chief executive Simon Lim is expected to attend, but it is understood owner Vincent Tan will not be present. Cardiff are due to hold a board meeting on Monday in the wake of the removal of Iain Moody as head of recruitment, Press Association Sport understands.last_img read more