TTCB to hold press conference on sexual assault allegations tomorrow

first_imgTHE findings of an investigation into allegations of sexual assault against a cricket official in Trinidad and Tobago are expected to be made public tomorrow, the sport’s governing body has said.For the past few months, a two-man committee comprised of TTCB president Azim Bassarath and TTCB second vice-president Lalman Kowlessar, had been investigating the allegations made by a member of the country’s Youth Cricket team during the West Indies Youth Tournament in St. Vincent in July.Controversy swirled around the investigations after National League Representative, Dinanath Ramnarine, accused the president of covering up the matter because the matter was reported to the TTCB in August. Kowlessar however, said he was made aware of the allegations by the player in October.TTCB Chief Executive Officer Suruj Ragoonath stated that the matter was a sensitive one and that it was being looked into by the committee.On Saturday, he told the Trinidad and Tobago Express that the TTCB will be hosting a press conference tomorrow to air the matter to the public.last_img read more